CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Loser!

I am a loser. Not in the sense that I don't win anything, or that I'm generally uncool. Even those these each may be fairly true they are not what I mean. I am referring to actually misplacing things. Everything.

My biggest beef is with keys. I have a uncanny ability to lose keys. Just last week I lost three sets. One of which has yet to be found. I lost big Sal's keys twice. The first time I swore try had to be locked in the car. So I called a locksmith and paid $130 for the car o be unlocked. They were not there. Finally after days of searching and just before be we're going to have a new key cut ($250ish) Steve, my moms husband, found them in a pair of shoes. The first reaction of a typical mother of small children would be to blame them. I asked them if they had seen them, they hadn't so I knew they had nothing to do with it. I'm not, however a typical mother, I am a loser.

I thought I lost my checkbook yesterday. That's a problem for a number of reasons. I found it though so its all good. Now I just have to mail the check. Getting that done may be a feat as well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Laura used to lose her keys all the time. All the time. Every morning a big fury trying to find them. So I hung a set of hooks right inside the front door for the keys.

I can't say her keys make it to that hook every time, but the amount of times they are lost is greatly, greatly reduced.

Then you have to train yourself. Seriously. Even if you don't remember to put your keys there (or whatever designated space), you will eventually remember, even if it three hours later or when you are going to bed. As soon as you remember, you go find your keys and put them on the hook. This might sound silly, but I have trained myself on a number of forgetfullness type things, and this always works for me. Within a few days, the three hours will turn into 15 minutes, and within a week, you will just remember as soon as you come in the door. Your subconscious is amazing, but it has to be trained.