CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bed wetting

Before going to sleep I check on my kids, tonight I have found that the BOTH have wet the bed already. And are still asleep. Being the negligent mother that I am, I'm going to leave them, pee covered in their beds.

Now, before you judge me consider the alternatives. I could try to strip their wet clothes off, put them in clean ones and bring them to my bed without waking them. Or i could do all that, change their sheets and put them back in their own beds, still trying to not wake them. Or I could wake them up, make them change their own clothes while I change sheets. That last option would surely result in crying. At least one would probably cry if awoken at any point in all that.

So instead I've opted for what I consider to be the simplest option. Leave them be. What will likely happen is I will wake up in a few hours as one of them tries to get on my bed. This child will probably be naked as they strip the wet clothes off and never make the effort to find dry ones. That lid will be waking me up because he or she needs space. Why will there be no space in my queen size bed for a little person to join me? Because the other one will already be there having snuck in while I was deep asleep.
I would be willing to bet money I wake up with a nude preschooler on either side of me.

Is it wrong? Maybe. Will they develop terrible ammonia burns or rashes? Not likely. Will I get 25 more minutes of sleep? Yes. And did I just waste half of that typing this post on my tiny iPhone keyboard. Absolutely.

Good night!

No comments: