CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Daycare!

Junior had his first day at daycare yesterday. I dropped him off at 8:30 in the morning and didn't get t pic him up till 4:30. he cried when I left him. My dad went with me to pick him up since we were both leaving Ohio State at the time. They said Jr did pretty good.He didn't cry much they said. At nap time he laid down on his coy,covered up with his blanket and cried silently to sleep. How sad is that? That breaks my heart to think about. He also cried when the first parent arrived to pick up their child and it was not me coming to get him.
But other than the few crying spells he did well. He ate almost all of his lunch. He did an art project. I didn't get to see it though. :( And he made some friends. hey were impressed with his speaking abilities. I guess he said "where's my mommy?" and "what is paint?" before their art project.

He goes back today, but only for a few hours, not all day again. I have to pack his lunch every day, and don't know what to pack. Sandwiches seem like they would get boring everyday.

So I think it went OK. Be both cried a little yesterday.I missed him so much and kept worrying about him. He doesn't understand how it works yet, so I know he will be sad to go again today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sad...it's too bad he had to start on a long day. He'll figure it out in a couple of weeks, that you'll always be back to get him. I hope he likes to play with the other kids.