CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

daycare update

I was hoping daycare would be more exciting for Junior by now. Today I dropped him off and he was very sad still. He began getting upset as soon as I parked the car. By the time I left he was crying very hard and I heard him try to open the door to follow me. I hate it. I wonder what he thinks? Does he think I don't want to be with him anymore? They say he only cries for a couple of minutes after I leave but eve that is hard to know.

I have also been thinking a loot about bringing in a new baby. Junior sleeps in the bed with Miceles and I. Doctors don't recommend sleeping with babied but we do it anyway, and we are careful. Junior is old enough not to worry about anymore. The new baby will probably sleep with us as well. Now that means that it will not be very safe for Junior to say in the bed with us. We have to start working on getting him into his own bed, but I know he is not ready, and neither am I. His room is so far away and it gets so cold at night. I won't be able to sleep I will be so worried about him.

So the bed sharing is just one example but I fear he will feel pushed to the side for the new baby. I don't want him to be resentful, if a child so little can feel that way. I just worry that he will not feel loved or something. It has just been the three of us his entire life and now he will have to share. He has been weaned, sent to daycare and is getting kicked out of the bed all in a very short amount of time.

Miceles keeps saying he will be OK and it's part of growing up but it doesn't seem like that too me. Maybe if he could understand why his world is changing so much, but he doesn't. His behavior recently shows his confusion and frustration. He has been very whiny and also aggressive. I feel so sad for him.

Oh and the blog. I don't know if I should leave it as it is and make a new one for the new baby or just let this be the family blog. i have avoided posting mucha bout the new baby on here for that reason that I feel it is Junior's blog and he should not have to share it. He doesn't even care about the blog though, so it's all in my over thinking mind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recommend lying down with him in his bed until he goes to sleep, then go to yours. That's what I did with you. Of course, you got up eventually and I went and did it again, but it's a system. :)